Cock also a crock says Whaleoil
Cameron Brewer raises some questions that certainly need answering
The artist is a coward, he bloody well knew what he was doing but now he pretends it was an accident it ended up as a cock.
This who shemozzle really does require some serious questions to be asked and answered.
1. Who decided that a sculpture was needed to grace an obscure alleyway?
2. What design process and commissioning process was gone through?
3. Why do our rates seem to fund extremely expensive sculptures, some in the millions of dollars?
4. Is Auckland Council running a funding programme for the arts luvvies, in particular sculptors?
5. What one earth can we do to reign in the profligate spending of our council?
6. How do we rid ourselves of this insane spendthrift council?
- A self portrait to mayoral vanity
- It’s a cock and balls story
- Mayor of Auckland a right dick
- A complete balls up
The public art fiasco has offered Aucklanders an opportunity to ridicule their mayor and deputy which they have done with gusto judging by the chatter on Facebook and Twitter. To add insult to injury Deputy Mayor Penny Hulse, in her fluffy woolly cardigan sort of way, invites us to ‘just think of it as a cloud’ as if we, unlike her it seems, can’t tell the difference.
As if it isn’t enough that Auckland and New Zealand thinks the city is run by a right peen-arse, as the cockneys describe it, the story has been taken up internationally by Time magazine on-line under the section heading ‘weird’.
I say let the ‘artwork’ remain where it is as a monument to the Brown mayoralty. Omnia Vanitas